Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Idol Minds

I have not watched American Idol before this season. Sure, I knew what the premise was and could even name a few of the contestants, being inundated with commercials between the shows that I wanted to watch. I can even name a few of the people that have won.

There is a woman that I used to work with that would have to get home in order to watch, and she would refuse to answer her phone while the show was on. I used to tease her and tell her that she was too young to be so obsessed with Clay Aiken.

Now I kind of understand her ardor, though.

After watching one of the horrendous singers in an audition show I watched the rest of the show, waiting for more of the car crash singers. I have been watching as many episodes as I can this season and can actually name several of the contestants. And since I am bad with names anyway, this is far more impressive than it sounds.

I haven’t reached the point of actually calling to vote yet, but I feel the temptation.

Pray for me.

************

Random Fact: William Hung has THREE albums out. What is wrong with people?

1 Comments:

Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

I haven't watched American Idol in eons but i do remember Clay Aiken.

Unfortunately...I remember William Hung too. My thoughts on Mr. Hung....Outrageousness & untalented sillyness (or) playing the "sympathy card" are attention-getters and sometimes effective selling tools.

3/02/2006 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home