Friday, March 31, 2006

Week End Update

While this blog contains autobiographical elements, I have never intended it to be an online journal, per se. I have not envisioned this as a place where I relate the details of my day-to-day life. But, as I have been a bit lax in posting of late, I thought I should at least relate why. (And this way my parents will know I am alive!)

I have started many blogs in the recent past, but haven’t been able to really finish any of them to my liking. There has been other stuff going on that I think has distracted me.

Here’s the quick rundown:

I am still trying to get my correct pay from my last job, where I worked for 4 years. Ended badly and they still owe me money. I am in the middle of a complaint with the state labor board about it.

I came out of work this week to find two of my tires flat. I had used my spare about a month ago and hadn’t gotten around to replacing it. So, several hundred dollars later I have new tires. Seeing as how I couldn’t drive on just two good tires, I had to enlist the help of friends with vehicles to get the tires replaced. This took a bit of coordinating, but was done. In between getting the tires fixed, I relied on some rides from friends when the buses weren’t running. (Thanks to all of you, you know who you are.)

After getting home the night I found my tires flat, my male cat got out and has not been seen since. I am very careful about watching him since the first time that he got out and I don't know when he slipped past me, but I was tired and distracted that night, so who knows. I had a dream this morning that he was sleeping on my chest as he likes to do, but awoke to find it had just been a dream. That sucked. For as much as they are a pain in the butt, I love the cats and am missing him very much. The flyers go up tomorrow.

Speaking of buses, they suck in Phoenix. 5th largest city in the US and the mass transit system is deplorable. I had to take the bus to work one day and it took me almost three hours to complete what would have been a 30-35 minute drive.

Also rode my bicycle to do some errands one day without the car and was almost run over. Wound up crashing while trying to keep from slamming into some jerk face not paying attention to the fat guy on a bike. I was even wearing a bright red shirt. Don’t know how he didn’t see me. Was probably on a cell phone.

So, I am a bit beat up, physically and mentally, but getting by with the help of friends. My two best friends this week, Aleve and Tiger Balm.

Well, thanks for listening. I will be retro-posting as I finish the things I have started.

************

Random Fact: That’s the news and I. Am. Outtahere.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Good luck with retrieving your pay & finding your kitty cat.

4/08/2006 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home