Monday, November 21, 2005

Wisdom That Man Should Not Forget

When my father still had his private practice, he had, in his office, a framed collection of thoughts, which I always liked and would read every time I was there. He had it in both Spanish and English. As I said, I always liked this and it made a lasting impression on me. This year, for my birthday, my father gave me the English copy of this work, the same one that had hung in his office for all those years, and all those years ago. Turns out that he had saved it to give to me. I’d like to share those thoughts with you, and I hope you find something in these words, as I have.

Wisdom That Man Should Not Forget

The Greatest Obstacle...................Fear
The Most Beautiful Day..................Today
The Biggest Error One Can Make.......To Give Up
The Greatest Defect.....................Conceit
The Best Distraction.....................Work
The Worst Impoverishment.............Discouragement
The Best Teachers.......................Children
The Most Vile Feeling....................Envy
The Most Beautiful Gift..................Pardon
The Most Knowledgeable.................God
The Most Marvelous of the World.......Love
The Sweetest Happiness.................Peace

I don’t know who originally penned these thoughts, so I don’t know who to attribute them to. If anyone comes across the original author, please let me know.

*****************

Random Fact: One of my favorite books is “The Art of Worldly Wisdom” by Baltasar Gracian. It was also given to me by my father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home